Sunday 8 February 2009

Secrets........

So, just a quick post tonight I think. Husband is asleep and as yet knows nothing about the blog. In fact haven't told anyone and not sure that I will.

Have been trying to work out why I'm not keen to say anything and reckon perhaps it's something I'll feel more comfortable with sharing once I've been writing for a while.
This is only like writing a diary, so can't do any harm and given it has some novelty value through being on computer, there's a chance I'll actually stick to this for longer than my diary commitments in past years. Most years in my teens and early 20s would see a detailed chronicle of the first week or so in January, then a few quick highlights of the rest of the month with perhaps the odd entry for February generally charting weight loss or gain (Bridget Jones eat your heart out!!)

Anyway, Husband generally concerned about anything internet -related. I described blogging to him yesterday as a general concept and he was relieved to hear that people have 'usernames' and I'm not broadcasting my actual details to the world and his wife. I think if my reading blogs is a worry, then it's a bit early to reveal I'm writing one too!

So that's it for now. School bags and football kits to sort out, dishwasher to empty and then off to sleep ready for busy day at work tomorrow and perhaps in the evening another post from the 'Secret Diary of an HR Consultant aged 37 1/4'.

3 comments:

  1. If you don't tell people, it's easier to blog about them! I've only told a select few friends, which serves to censor my writing to the extent I wish to be censored. It was a couple of months before a friend let it slip to my husband that I had a blog - my advice - tell him before a friend does, saves the frosty atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halfmarathongirl,

    Have some similar feelings as I just started a blog too. My hubby is fine with it, as is 12 year old daughter. However most friends (and parents) have little to say about it. Maybe they don't get it? Some polite interest but only my BFF really reads and comments. People who don't know me are more interested.

    Good luck! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, HMG. Hope you'll post again soon. And look back at my blog if you'd like because I posted some stuff you expressed interest in. I understand you're not in the forty-ish age range yet, but I listed some ideas for anyone who's interested in making clothes changes.

    sallymandy

    ReplyDelete