Saturday 7 February 2009

There's a first time for everything!

Well, not quite sure how this has happened. Was reading about blogging a few minutes ago, went out to the kitchen on the instruction of my 6 year old - to 'get an apple please mummy and I'm not going to use my front teeth to eat it', then came back and within seconds had created a blog account. No more thought than that. Faced with said blog, thought 'What to write?'



Have been trying to reclaim bits of my past self for last few months - going to theatre has been main effort in recent weeks - and the desire to write something (anything) has also started to come back. Not that anything was actually stopping these things from taking place , but I've been lazy in making the effort and all the other bits of life - children, husband, work, TV (!!) - have been taking up all my time. The bit about TV is obviously embarrassing but to have laid claim to a more learned pursuit would have been a huge lie. I read of course, but that is restricted to my commute to and from work.



The title of the blog comes from a phrase that I used a few years ago when pregnant with my 6 year old. Someone had asked me about food to eat during pregnancy and I'd rather flippantly replied that a diet of chocolate and chips had worked well with baby number one, so I was trying the same aproach with number two. I ate proper food too of course, but chocolate has always been at the top of my list and chips close behind. Admirably I had cravings for spinach the first time round; second time alas - burger and chips. Would be interesting to know if cravings have any impact on the personality of the children....thinking about my two, there could be a correlation.



All these years later, I find myself unexpectedly expecting again - hence the blog title. Had wonderful ideas about maintaining my fitness during this pregnancy (had taken up running in the 18 months before pregnancy in an effort to never go on a diet again) but at the first whiff of pregnancy hormones, my trainers are repellant to my feet. This may account for how I've managed to put on a stone when the poor baby is still tiny and weighs only a couple of ounces.



So, that's it I guess. I think I'll be using this blog to chart my journey through the next few months and all the fun that I'm expecting to have plus any of the tricky bits too. It would be great if some of you could join me on this journey. I'm going to read other blogs and learn more about how this works. Hope I manage to post this properly.

Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

  1. The TV thing ... I am currently trying to find a support group for people that love their Sky+ a little too much.

    I'm looking forward to reading more and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I don't have Sky + yet - I'd have no time for eating !!!
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Don't worry, you will soon be as addicted to blogging as the rest of us!

    Thanks for popping in to mine; I'll be back to catch up on your story again soon.

    WM x

    ReplyDelete